- Title: To his royal highness Fredrick Duke of York, this plate of Satan holding th prepondrence of power; or, Bounaparte's threat, is most humbly inscribed, by E. Sanders
- Date Created/Published: [London] : Thomas, Printer, 5 Golden-Lane, Barbican, 1803 August.
- Medium: 1 print : etching, hand-colored.
- Summary: Print shows Satan holding a balance to which, on one end is attached a hot-air balloon with a bishop, possibly the Duke of York, and another man standing on top, its lightness has skewed the balance to end over end; at the other end is a parachute with three men standing in the basket, it is about to crash on the coast of England. Behind Satan are storm clouds, lightning, and a flame emitting serpent; they may represent the gathering storm of the threat of invasion by Napoleon. Includes lengthy text with several speakers and numerous citations from the Bible, such as "Behold the Balance of unequel Freight as recent Prophets tell" Ez xviii 25, and as "Bony" Napoleon says, "He! he! he! I have got them all now! I'll lead them a dance to the point of the lance, on the top of the air Balloon" Isa xxxvi 12, vide x 3., Jer v 31, Amos ix 2, 3-10, Oba 10. It concludes with an "Invitation: Say, O ye sons of Ephraims, care, what joy? what glory will you share? / When to the world sweet peace returns, by the zeal your bosom burns; / Then join with me ye men forlorn! for unto you a son is born! the delegate of heaven Isa lxvi 9, vide xix 23, 24, 25 / ... * Say unto the cities of Juda, behold thy God, say unto the daughters of Zion, thy God reigneth, for unto you that fear his name shall the son of righteousness arise with healing in his wings, and to him shall the gathering together of all people be" Mal iv 2.
- Reproduction Number: LC-DIG-ppmsca-07203 (digital file from original print)
- Rights Advisory: No known restrictions on publication.
- Call Number: PC 3 - 1803--To his royal highness ... (B size) [P&P]
- Repository: Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA
Sadly there are people willing to sell their souls and make a pact with Satan and yet, this is not new. Jesus Christ was approached by Satan and was offered the world if he would bow down and worship him. Jesus refused. The people who would eagerly make a pact with Satan have forgotten who is the authority and the joy ride can easily be brought to an abrupt end.
There are countless people today who are involved in Satanic rituals and children being born that are never registered. These babies being used for human sacrfifice, the only people who would know are those involved. There is a huge difference with a child who is born and introduced into this evil lifestyle for power, to someone who makes a decision to do anything for wealth and power - willing to renounce Christ and even give their child to be a tool to use for Satan to use to the detriment of mankind.
As we do not know the truth of what really goes on behind closed doors, we are also not the ones who can decide what is God's Will for each and everyone of us. God has taught some of the most important lessons using people who have gone down the dark and destructive path in life.
Few people are willing to be selfless and yet this is what Jesus Christ dis and it is for this reason. God, the Father chose this pure vessel for His Spirit to dwell. Those who want power over people just reveal that they have been misguided and the devils court certainly exists. Far too many people are at ease at selling their souls for gain and yet everyone has been given Free Will. There are people who in this time boasting about serving the devil - they must learn their lessons too. Satan has no power over Jesus Christ.
Peace be with you
No Copyright Infringement intended