'I feel sorry for me… I've become a punchbag': Blatter blames everyone but himself and insists he is still FIFA president after he and Platini are suspended for eight years over corruption scandal
- Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini banned over £1.35m payment in 2011
- Both have been fined and will be unable to run for presidency in February
- Both protested innocence as they said the payment was made following verbal agreement, when Platini worked for Blatter between 1998 and 2002
- Explanation rejected as 'not convincing' by ethics committee, who added that the evidence has not been sufficient to secure charges of corruption
- Blatter and Platini found in breach of 'offering and accepting gifts', as well as violating their fiduciary duty to FIFA
- FIFA statement also says both were in situation of conflict of interest
- Blatter has been fined £33,700, while Platini has been fined £53,940
- Blatter to appeal and take the case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport
- He says is still FIFA president and only the congress can remove him
- 'I am really sorry. I am sorry that I am still somewhere a punching ball.'
With no visible bruising on the face, the plaster might be a statement - with people who are scared to speak out or just feel unable to, perhaps they communicate their truth in some other way. This is just a thought that comes to mind...not sure this man is scared. He seems strong minded and strong willed.
The figures of these corporate establishments - if this is being 'politically correct' is actually mind boggling. As with football being seen as bloodless war games with big bucks involved, not all is clear..
Sharing this article because there is significance in what is happening, vasts sums of money involved - deals made to control revenue - reports and speculation of corruption. WE DO NOT KNOW the facts!
If pictures could tell a story..what do you see in this face?
Peace be wtih you